When you’re included in the TIME’S 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, you must be doing something right, one way or another — and that’s definitely the case with Together Labs, a Silicon Valley-based company founded in 2004 by Eric Ries, Marcus Gosling, Matt Danzig, and Will Harvey.
Known as IMVU before a name change in 2021, Together Labs redefines social networking by unifying blockchain innovation with technologies that empower users across the globe to connect, create and earn in the Metaverse.
Together Labs’ portfolio of products includes:
• IMVU (the original name of the company), the world’s largest friendship discovery and social Metaverse platform
• WithMe, a mobile Metaverse platform now in open beta built on insights from the science of friendship
• MetaJuice which builds blockchain-driven assets, such as NFTs and meta-tokens that unlock the value of the metaverse
• VCOIN, a digital currency that powers virtual communities, where users can easily buy, earn and convert VCOIN to cash. VCOIN is a globally transferable token that opens peer-to-peer transactions
• VCORE, a new ERC-20 utility token that rewards players and creators for their engagement. It will be seamlessly integrated into the massive IMVU virtual world, and ultimately empower millions of users worldwide to shape the future of the metaverse
Userbase & Funding
In 2020, the platform could gloat over the fact it had over seven million monthly active users.
Also helped by the $35 million in funding the company raised in early 2021 with VC backing from Structural Capital, NetEase and other investors, Together Labs’ mission is to revolutionize social media by creating an “authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value.”
Daren Tsui, Together Labs’ CEO, had this to say about the company he fronts to dominate the Metaverse universe:
“We will continue to lead the way with the introduction of our new blockchain entity and cutting-edge digital currencies and NFTs. We will focus first on blockchain enabling our platforms and then take that experience to enable all users to seamlessly move and transact across worlds.”
Credit: Together Labs
With an expert team, the cash injection, a loyal user base, as well as boasting partnerships with the likes of Unreal Engine and Ethereum, Together Labs has all the tools required to be one of the major players in the Metaverse universe, and though still in the early days of Web3, the company’s savvy knowledge of disruptive technology can only be a benefit and should be a defining factor in it making its own, unique impact on this inchoate industry.